Saturday, January 15, 2011

Maybe even good for you - Waffles

I am currently following the Quantum Wellness Cleanse. This is 21 days of not eating what Kathy Freston refers to as the Big 5. You are Gluten free, animal product free, caffeine free, sugar free and alcohol free. I have been posting my daily diet onto face book to show my friends that I am still eating. This morning I made waffles for the kids and was feeling a bit sorry for myself, so I thought why not try to make some for me. And first time out it actually worked. I am rarely this lucky.

YIELD: (in my waffle maker) 7

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup rice flour
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp GF baking powder
1 cup rice milk (or other alternative)
1/4 cup oil
1/2 a mashed banana
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water*


DIRECTIONS:

Mix ground flax seed and water together in a small bowl and set aside.

Sift dry ingredients together twice to ensure a thorough blend.

Wisk wet ingredients and banana together.

Gradually add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix till blended but don't over mix.

Follow the instructions for your waffle maker.

Serve with fruit, Vegan butter and Agave nectar. So Very Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment