Sunday, March 28, 2010

Gingersnap Cookies


Again, I found these in the "Vegan Cookies - Invade Your Cookie Jar" recipe book. I have slightly altered them but they are basically the same.

Mira tells me they are too Gingery, but I'm guessing that Rob will like them (although I burnt this batch a tiney bit. I really just made these because I wanted to make the Peanut Butter Cups and didn't have any cookies. They worked very well.

YIELD: 20 cookies


INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Molasses
1/3 cup Canola Oil
3 tbsp Rice Milk (or other non dairy 'milk')
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
3 tsp Ground Ginger (Rounded spoonfuls)
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350˚.

Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease lightly.

In a large bowl beat together sugar, molasses, oil, 'milk' and vanilla.

In separate bowl sift (HMMM I didn't do this, and in fact with Mira's help the four was decidedly unsifted) flour, ginger, nutmeg, backing soda and salt.

Fold dry mix into wet till it forms a firm dough.

Scoop out walnut sized lumps and roll between palms and squash onto cookie sheet. (They don't spread much).

Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on tray before transferring to cooling rack.

Store in loose lidded container.

**Okay so I had some melted chocolate chips with rice milk and ground flax left over from the peanut butter cups so I smeared 1/2 of the top of each cookie with the chocolate. MMmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment